Ready to Embark on a Life-Changing Adventure?
Journey with us to this timeless landscape for a creative and healing adventure. Reconnect with your practice, your creativity, with nature, with your inner wisdom on this 7 day healing retreat in Thailand for one of the most transformational journeys you will ever experience. You will come out a new person.
Khao Sok National Park, Thailand
March 2-9, 2019
- Waking at dawn to the sounds of the jungle
- Clean air, surrounded by lush greenery and a serene waterscape
- Bathing in the clear freshwater lake
- NO Internet, NO phone service, NO television: total, blissful disconnection from the grid
- Early morning sitting meditation while listening to gibbon calls
- Sharing breakfast while the hornbills get their breakfast from the fig trees towering above you
- Deeply nourishing, gentle and restorative yoga designed for your body– with optional dynamic classes
- Exploring a limestone cave, accessible only by a floating bamboo raft in a protected wilderness area
- Learning about rainforest wildlife with fabulous camp hosts Dick and Beth, who share lively and informative stories of life in the jungle
- No-nonsense, do-able daily meditation practice quiet your mind–with plenty of guidance and support to connect with the practice
- Glorious afternoon napping – “hammock practice”
- Candlelit dinner under the stars each evening (and music if anyone brings instruments)
- Creative process activities, with time on our own to journal, paint, dream, revision or let your secret artist come out of the closet…
- Guidance and support to help you envision a new life
- Delicious, authentic Thai food with fresh fish caught in the lake (or vegetarian option)
- Clean living–a week without air pollution, alcohol, processed foods, or blue screens, letting your body resume its natural rhythms
- Sleeping in floating bungalows while the gentle waves lull you into deep dreams
- Open-hearted dialogue with open-minded community (and silent mornings)
- Plenty of laughter and play
- A seasoned guide to help you negotiate life transitions with joy and ease
By the end of this retreat you’ll have a 180 degree turnaround for a completely new perspective. Spending time in the jungle has a magical quality of making you see what is important in life. We’ll practice my “Unauthorized Ashtanga” yoga** in the mornings, along with plenty of slow, deep relaxation postures and a thorough introduction to sitting meditation practice. I’ll give you POWERFUL tools to take home so you can make big (or small) changes in your life.
You’ll also get a whole tool-bag full of creative arts exercises and writing prompts to help you discover aspects of your life that need an update. You can read a bit more about this process here or here or here. These optional afternoon sessions will be loosely structured to allow you time to sit with your creative projects, with enough guidance to get you started. It’s not about “making art” as much as it is about tapping into creative potential.
**Traditionally Ashtanga is a very vigorous vinyasa style of yoga, however I like to mix things up– alot. So while we will essentially practice a vinyasa style of yoga, we will also include LOTS of restorative and gentle postures for those who need or want that, as well as detailed instructions on key postures. You’ll get alternatives if you want less intensity, or if you want more. You will leave with a take-home practice that works for you.
Here’s What Past Participants Say:
I had so many profound changes there that still ripple through my life. I left so much of what weighed me down in the jungle. It was like I was washed clean in the rain. There is something magical about Jungle Yoga and the depth of the retreat were a powerful combination for transformation. I see this retreat as a pivotal time in my life. Thank you so much for sharing your gifts.
That experience continues to influence my decisions. With Kim’s guidance and support I was able to firmly establish and deepen my meditation practice, yoga technique, and clear away the clutter to connect and listen to myself without distraction – and make some big decisions. And in a setting that can’t be beat.
Is This You?
This retreat is for you if you:
- have reached a crossroads and need to figure out your next steps
- feel overwhelmed by the pace of life at the moment
- are fed up with the maddening world news
- aren’t sure you’re on the right path and need a re-direct
- need to refresh your practice
- crave some quiet reflection
- feel anxious, exhausted, depressed and stressed out
- crave time to explore your creativity and see where that might lead you
- want to deepen you yoga or meditation practice
- have had a major life transition recently and need to pause and take stock
- have an intrepid spirit and want a wild adventure with a mindful community
- just have an intuition that spending a week in the jungle in Thailand, away from news of the world is exactly what you need to do.
- Transformational Journey to the Jungle, Jungle Yoga Retreat, Khao Sok National Forest, Surat Thani Province, Thailand
- 7 days in the rainforest, with daily meditation, yoga, creative process + group coaching so that you can develop or refine your own daily practice
- You’ll fly into Surat Thani airport (URT) (easy flight from Bangkok) in Southern Thailand, where the group will meet. Drive to the lake, where a long-tail boat awaits to take us to the retreat center–a 40 minute ride, which is included in the retreat fee. (Airfare not included)
- March 2-9, 2019
- $1150 Double Share per person (Queen or Double beds)
- $1475 Single
To register, click the button below to be taken to a Paypal gateway where you can pay the deposit. If you wish to pay the full fee up front, click the drop down menu (on the right) to access full payment options for either single or shared rooms. OR, if you ‘d like to chat with me before committing, contact me through the contact form below, and I’d be happy to schedule a Skype (or WhatsApp) chat with you.
Includes: 2 practice sessions/day, 7 nights accommodation, 3 meals/day, Round-trip Group transport from Surat Thani Airport to venue: 90 minute group van ridefollowed by 45 minute gorgeous boat ride to Jungle yoga.
Sample Daily Schedule:
6:00 Tea/Fruit and Silent sitting meditation
7:00 – 9:00 Yoga practice
10:00-1:00 Free time: Swimming, exploring, Kayaking, some scheduled group outings on special days
3:30-5:30 optional creativity exercises (journaling practice, art therapy and guided visualizations)
Contact me if you want to chat. Use the form below to send me a message.
This retreat is for anyone who is ready to make a change, or who is simply in need of some time out to reflect. The focus will be on developing (or refining) a personal practice that you can take home to your daily life (even if you decide that your daily life needs to change!) There is absolutely no previous practice requirement–all are welcome!
with love from me and the gibbons,
Refunds, (less your non-refundable deposit), are available up to a month prior to start date of the retreat. All fees are nonrefundable for cancellations less than one month prior to start date. I highly recommend getting travel insurance — it is really worth it in case anything comes up.