CONTEMPLATIVE LIFE DESIGN + REBOOT: Transformative Wellness Retreat in the Canadian Rockies
October 29 – November 2, 2017
If you want to change your life, you need to change your mind-set. These days it is more important than ever to know how to tune down the noise and listen to the voice of inner wisdom. According to the UN’s recent special report on happiness, “the single biggest source of misery is mental illness.” You already know that contemplative practices such as yoga and sitting meditation help settle body, steady the breath and calm mind to establish harmony and a ground of sanity. But in this high-tech world, how often do you actually log-off and go deep into your practice?
If you want to take care of your own mental health, you might have to take matters into your own hands. A wellness retreat can help you learn new tools and practices that give you a fresh outlook, and a chance to review what’s been working, and what has not. Click here if you missed my recent post about the benefits of a wellness retreat.
Reconnect With Your Pristine Inner Nature
If you, like many of us these days, are reeling from all the noise, doing the bare minimum just to keep things going, doing “maintentance practice” (as I like to call my don’t-have-time-for-yoga-but-need-to-practice-daily-yoga-practice) then please consider joining us at the incomparable Chateau Lake Louise in the Canadian Rockies, Oct 29–Nov 2 for a Contemplative Life Design + Re-boot. During this transformative wellness retreat, you will learn to access (or be re-introduced to) that inner wise guide that exists to help you navigate life’s challenges. And you will be surrounded by some of the most gorgeous scenery in the world, staying at a top-notch luxury hotel.
In addition to daily yoga and meditation, we’ll also explore creative writing as a practice. This is a tool that I have refined over the years that supports going deeper into the psychological process and offers clarity when making life choices. Morning and evening meditation practice provides the framework for the schedule, allowing you to settle the mind in a way that leaves it open to reprogramming and positive change. You’ll learn yoga practices that awaken dormant energies in the body. Creative writing practice facilitates dialogue with this deeper wisdom current inside. Within the context of nurturing community, this program will give you the tools you need to thrive.
Who is this retreat for?
- New meditators who want to make sense of the practice and get guidance and support
- Yoga practitioners who want to deepen or redefine their practice, and understand the relationship between yoga and meditation from a practical perspective
- Seasoned meditators who want a yoga sequence to help stabilize meditation posture, settle winds and develop flexibility
- Yoga or meditation practitioners who want do develop, deepen or stabilize a sustainable daily self-guided practice that actually works for them
- Anyone interested in gaining peace of mind, clarity of purpose and ground in the body
- Anyone baffled by all the talk in the media of mindfulness, meditation and yoga
- Women or men going through life transition or seeking a new direction in life
- Anyone who wants a solid foundation and tools with which to make conscious, positive change
As a trained psychotherapist, experienced yoga teacher and devoted Dharma practitioner with over over 22 years of teaching experience, I spent 15 years living in South Asia leading wellness retreats offering contemplative tools for emotional well-being and profound mental health. I also published Ashtanga Yoga for Beginner’s Mind to help guide students to an understanding of how to apply practice to daily life. It is my life’s work to help people develop a relationship to contemplative practice and to apply these tools for greater fulfillment and joy in life. So I’d be happy if you would join us!
In this retreat, participants will:
- Learn a simple, invigorating and personalized yoga practice they can take home
- Develop and deepen a sustainable (and sustaining) meditation practice
- Discover tools to help work through challenges and difficult life choices
- Practice quieting the mind and relaxing the body
- Make new friends and enjoy the support of like-minded community
- Access inner wisdom and guidance through creative writing practices
- Enjoy a luxurious retreat from the daily grind amidst spectacular scenery
Register by September 10 and receive a complimentary upgrade to Deluxe Lake View room.
Bring your practice to life! Join us for new tools, community and inspiration for a reboot to your practice and outlook. I’d be honored to see you there. And if you have a friend who could benefit, please share this with them!
As seen on the Yoga Directory of Canada