I’ve been a bit silent the past month, and there’s a darn good reason for that.
Every spare ounce of energy I have is going into finishing my memoir. Last week I found a literary agent who loves my writing! And she wants to find it a good home with a reputable publisher.
So my days recently consist of sitting at my kitchen table, staring at my seedlings, tapping out pitch letters, revising my book proposal (for the HUNDREDTH time) and begging for likes on my social media platforms. I never imagined writing a memoir would be so much work, but now I see that’s just the easy part. Now comes the schmooze to get published. The key ingredient for this is showing I have a platform, which is a fancy term for an audience of readers.
Though I do have a self-published book out already, that doesn’t qualify a writer to call herself a published author. (OH and if you haven’t seen it yet, Richard Freeman kindly shared his wisdom in a new foreword for the new revised edition of Ashtanga Yoga for Beginner’s Mind.)
If you’d like to support me on my journey to being a REAL published author, there are a few things you can do.
- Like my Facebook page (It’s a sad truth: I had a high level agent who LOVED my work turn me down because I don’t have enough followers) (You’ll be hearing about that madness in a future post…)
- Write a review on my Amazon page.
- Follow me on Twitter (It’s fun! It’s short! The Quickie Platform!)
- If you are a published author yourself, consider writing me a book blurb for the memoir.
- If we’ve worked together, send me an endorsement or testimonial for my website
If you’ve already done any or all of these things…I am sending you powerful blessings from high desert valley of Crestone (I’m sending those even if you haven’t done any of those things listed above.) But I REALLY appreciate your support, good wishes and prayers.